What are the conditions of Canby Schools?
Health, Safety & Security Concerns
- Key safety and security measures such as up to date electronic locks, emergency communications systems and security cameras are either out of date or do not exist.
- Classroom temperatures vary widely, HVAC and air handling systems are aging, inefficient and in some cases nonexistent.
Our Schools are Aging and in Need of Repair
- Major mechanical systems in all 8 school buildings across the district are in need of repair, replacement or installation. In many cases they have reached the end of their useful life and are very inefficient
Older Technology and Lack of Space for Hands-On Learning
- Spaces for hands on learning like CTE and STEM are either too small or nonexistent.
- Technology infrastructure and technology used in the classrooms no longer meets today’s educational standards
Out Dated Classrooms at Canby High School
- The 200 wing of Canby High School was built in 1961 and has science classrooms and labs that are small, cramped and lack functioning sinks & equipment.